Troy's Blog

My photo
I'm just a typical Dad. I have a good wife of 20+ years and 2 good kids. All 3, at times, contribute to my hair graying or falling out.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Laurel - this is all for you.



My family's eyes just glossed over and Kaitlyn actually said "how long do we have to listen to this?" when I tried to explain the trestle and get some votes on the design. Now, those not versed in train language (trainage) and those who are not train experts (trainsperts) are even commenting on my blog that this is too confusing. Since some people understand pictures better than words, and I am 100% one of those people, too - the top blueprint is of one of the 19 vertical supports that will make up the trestle. A train will run under each side. The 2 sides are designed differently so I could pick which one I liked better. I'm going to do the one on the right.
The 2nd picture is looking at the built trestle from the side. There are different designs I have to pick from. A dual set of tracks will run on top of the trestle and underneath it. The little bit sticking out on the top left and the bottom right is just doodling ideas.
As you can see, building this, approximately 13 inches high and 3 feet long is going to take a lot of little wood pieces, glue, and time. I have wood scraps, saws, glue, and winter coming up so some time, too.
There may be those that comment "someone needs more to do". To those I say, "One thing that is a bigger waste of time than building this is reading about someone building it."
Now that the toybox is done, it's back to the trestle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurel, I so understand what you mean by confusing. I read through it and think "what?" I know, if I wait long enough, Troy will start to construct it and it will all make sense and look great. Shirley

KJ said...

Wow, thanks for the clarification. I've been losing sleep over this for weeks. It's all become crystal clear and so much more interesting! (OK, I lied about that last part.)

Laurel said...

Excellent! Thanks Troy -- I lost my English-to-Trainage dictionary when we moved to Wagner. MUCH better!