Troy's Blog

My photo
I'm just a typical Dad. I have a good wife of 20+ years and 2 good kids. All 3, at times, contribute to my hair graying or falling out.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Almost Done

Above is a view of the bottom and the back - primed and ready for paint. Below is a view of the inside (duh). The back is on top.

The last few days I've finished gluing the box and let that dry. It took a while as the temps are cooler and I like using A LOT of glue. All of the original boards and nails are still there. Now they're just reinforced with glue - it could hold a herd of elephants. This is actually the toy box on its end. This is not a trick photo. If you look closely, you can see, under the primer, the slightest amount of green (former color) seeping through. And, back in the audience, just under the left tusk, sit Shirley, Sean, & Kaitlyn.

I've sanded and primed. This is how it looked before the first coat of paint. I'm not sure if I'll put another picture on while the paint process progresses or if I'll just post the final product.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh for fun!! I can hardly wait to see the final results. You are so talented. Come to my house any time, I can always find something that needs your talent at my place. Good job so far, Troy.
Love U

KJ said...

Looking good. I've got a dresser that needs painting. You up for it?

Laurel said...

Great job on both projects!! I'm VERY impressed, although I'm having much more luck following the completion of the toy box, as opposed to the train-track building process. Don't get me wrong -- it's VERY impressive. I just got confused when I had to get out a paper to draw what the heck you were talking about!!! If you ever get bored, I have LOTS of projects you could do!!!