Troy's Blog

My photo
I'm just a typical Dad. I have a good wife of 20+ years and 2 good kids. All 3, at times, contribute to my hair graying or falling out.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm not into politics


I have never been nor will I ever be into politics. I don't care which party a candidate is on, I vote for the person, not the party. That said...It has been a rough year. First Hillary...Well, maybe I should go back further. In my mind...you know, this is my blog so I can get more opinionated...


Bill Clinton was the best president ever. He was always smiling. I guess some of the pictures of him smiling behind the oval office desk have been explained but he has just a friendly disposition. He was the president with the highest approval rating ever. My theory is that if someone can do what he did and come out ahead, then he must be a great leader. So I liked and always will like Bill Clinton. If he were able to run for a 3rd term, he'd have been in the White House for another 4. Back to Hillary. She is the only way Bill was going to get back into the White House. I've always liked both Clintons...but not their ugly buck toothed daughter. So it was a sad sad day in my life when she dropped out of the race for president. About the same time, my favorite restaurant, Bennigans, closed in Fargo. Just a coincidence...I think not.


Anyway, my new hope for getting Bill back into the White House was for Hillary to become VP then worm, oops, I mean work her way up to the president's spot. Well now that isn't going to happen. I do like Obama though. Of course, I'd have liked him more if he'd have stepped down when Hillary was ahead or at least made her the VP.


Back to Obama. I truly think this nation has come a long ways in its battle against sexism and racism. To live in a time when either the first woman or the first black person can become president is remarkable. I'm voting for Obama. In one last attempt to get Bill back into the White House, I found this picture on the Internet....maybe some day a clone.


For those opinionated political types that frequent this web site, know that if you leave a comment against my opinion, it will be vetoed.


2 comments:

KJ said...

That picture looks shockingly real.
So I'm assuming you watched Hillary's speech last night? I was thinking of you last night while she was on. I particularly liked her comment about the sisterhood of the traveling pant suits.

Anonymous said...

That buck toothed daughter is getting more attractive as the years pass.. I am writing in GW for 3rd term.. He has been good for my family: middle class, racist, sexist folk, who don't believe in social programs to give money to those who don't get up at the a** crack of dawn to work their butt off for their families like me and mine, or you and yorn.... What is with Bill Clinton's big nose? It's like a ping pong ball on the end of a toothbrush...